Are you in need of drain cleaning services in Oakland or the surrounding areas? If so, Big Blue Plumbing is here to help. Plumbing problems are a part of everyday life for homeowners. They come with the territory. However, that doesn’t make them any less annoying. No matter how small the problem, it can sometimes cause a big disruption to your life. Clogged drains are no exception. If you find yourself with a sink or shower that doesn’t empty out as it should, give Big Blue Plumbing a call. We are a plumbing company that offers drain cleaning services in Oakland, Alameda and the surrounding areas. We’ll be there to provide a quick solution that will get your pipes flowing again in no time.
Our fully trained plumbing technicians are masters at resolving clogged drain issues. They always arrive in a timely manner equipped with the top-quality equipment needed to tackle any kind of drain-clearing issue. Whether it’s a mainline backup in a commercial property or a small secondary line in your bathroom, we’re ready for anything.
Reasons for Clogged Drains
There are many ways your drains can become clogged. So much water washes down them every day, and along with it goes dirt, grime, and other particles. Over time, all of this slowly builds up in pipes and slows down the draining until eventually, water can’t pass through at all. That’s when you need the assistance of a professional drain cleaning plumber. There are no clogs too tough for our Alameda drain cleaning team at Big Blue Plumbing.
Common causes of clogged drains include:
- Everyday dust and dirt
- Food waste
- Toilet paper
- Small objects
- Tree roots
- Mineral buildup
Tips to Prevent Clogged Drains
Preventing clogs is much easier and less costly than having to unclog them. We've compiled some tips to keep your drains free of clogs:
- Use a drain strainer to catch hair, food particles, and other debris from going down the drain.
- Avoid pouring grease, oil, and fat down the drain, as they can solidify and cause blockages.
- Flush drains regularly with hot water to break up any buildup and keep them clean.
- Only flush toilet paper and bodily waste down the toilet – avoid flushing anything else, including wipes, feminine hygiene products, and medications.
- Consider scheduling regular professional drain cleaning to keep your pipes clear and prevent clogs from forming.
By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your drains remain free-flowing and avoid the hassle and expense of dealing with clogs.
Have a clogged drain? Our Oakland drain cleaning plumbers will find the solution. Contact us today at (510) 939-7870!
Call Us 24 Hours A Day
Best Guarantees & Warranties
Service All Makes & Models
Team of Certified Plumbing Experts
No Overtime Charges
Full Home Plumbing Inspection
Not all drain clogs are the same, which means there is no one simple solution. Our Oakland drain cleaning team has extensive experience helping our customers clear clogged drains by offering several different options.
- We’ll first inspect your clog to get an understanding of what the problem is and where it is located. We can do so using our video inspection technology if needed.
- Once we find the problem, we can either snake the drain, which is the more typical approach that uses an auger to break up the clog, or hydro jetting, which fires high-pressured streams of water to unclog hard-to-reach problems.
I had an emergency plumbing issue, Big Blue was there in 15 min. and he did some good darn magic.
"Giovanni was awesome. I had an emergency plumbing issue, Big Blue was there in 15 min. and he did some good darn magic. Thank you!"- Mark W.
"Very professional, hard worker took the time to protect my property"- Richard B.
Jack did an excellent job.
"Jack did an excellent job. Came in assess the problem, explained it to me clearly and complete the job in a professional manner. Great representative for Big Blue"- Bruce B.
Nick from Big Blue diagnosed the problem and ordered the replacement part in no time.
"Very knowledgeable and ordered the replacement part quickly so my tenant can have heat once again. Called a bunch of different companies but none of them work on hydronic air handlers. Highly recommend them for hydronic heating"- Robert C.
"Javier came promptly and did an excellent job on our garbage disposal and toilet. Highly recommended."- Mary U.